NiXPS v2.0 Sneak Peak
We have released a first beta of our upcoming NiXPS v2.0 editor.
If you're interested in testing the software, send an e-mail to our 'info' address.
I've recorded a video which demonstrates some aspects of the new software (using NiXPS v2.0 beta 1 on mac):
Video for PC: http://nixps.com/downloads/nixps_v2_preview.avi
Video for Mac http://nixps.com/downloads/nixps_v2_preview.mov
There is a lot of new functionality, key things are:
- Move tool: you can select objects, and move them
- Edit text: select a text object, and via the new Inspector you can change the text
- Delete objects: select objects and remove them
- Quick search: a quick search control in the toolbar - which starts searching through the document the moment you start typing, and scrolls + highlights 'live'
- Improved Search & Replace: replace a single piece of text
- Unlimited undo/redo: all your changes can be undone, and of course, redone
- Outline view: an outline view rendering mode, which only draws the outlines in black - ideal to spot (visually) hidden objects in the file
- Polished UI on Mac & PC: more engineering went into trying to make NiXPS as pleasant to use as possible
There are a few more interesting features for v2.0, but we're keeping these under wraps for the moment.
All in all we're very much on track to make NiXPS v2.0 into the best cross-platform tool for manipulating and editing XPS files.
Labels: nixps beta sneak preview xps editor